This site is strictly business!
Eh… well, not really. This page is just a fun place to share things that happen in life, favorite recipes, my top picks for movies or TV shows. Whatever I’m thinking about! It will change frequently, so bookmark it and come back to visit. If you have any suggestions as to what you’d like to see here, contact me!
Ginormous Creatures Ahead!
WARNING: GINORMOUS CREATURES AHEAD!
Have you ever seen an elk? How about a herd of elk? On a road you are driving on?
Yeah, we hadn’t either. In our lifetime, we had actually just seen one elk, ever.
Last Thanksgiving, we spent the week in Maggie Valley, NC. We’ve spent a number of vacations there, and just love it.
We were trying to get to our cabin before dark. It was located pretty high up a mountain we’d never traversed. As we were driving up the narrow, twisty, windy, can’t see around the corner road, we came upon this.
Watch this video for an unbelievable experience!! I think you’ll get the impression (and you won’t be wrong) that we were a little… ummm.. shall we say… nervous.
Top Ten Chick Flick Picks
I’m a fan of the romantic comedy and chick flick. My husband wishes I liked Star Wars, Star Trek, and Godzilla more (ok, ok, I DO like The Avengers), but meh.
Here are my top choices for chick flicks! They might be off the beaten path, but I love them. What are yours? Contact me and tell me!
10. Great Expectations — the 1998 version, with Gwyneth Paltrow and Ethan Hawke. It’s so mysterious and disturbing and lovely.
9. Breakfast at Tiffany’s – I cry EVERY.TIME I hear “Moon River.” Sigh.
8. Trainwreck — about 10 minutes in to this movie, I declared it a favorite of mine. To say Amy Schumer is hilarious is just soooo… obvious. Of course she’s hilarious. I’ve even seen her live, and I’m not one to really love stand up comedy. But I do love Amy Schumer, and Judd Apatow (director).
7. Bridesmaids — Judd Apatow strikes again.
6. The Devil Wears Prada — Meryl Streep… enough said. There really are no words to describe her impeccable talent. Anne Hathaway, Stanley Tucci are fantastic too. It’s cute storyline, and good for a rainy day watch.
5. Bad Moms – I *might* have a girl crush on Mila Kunis, that started long before this movie – probably right around the time “Friends With Benefits” came on scene. This movie is lighthearted, and funny, guaranteed to make you laugh!
4. Wedding Crashers — my phone ringtone used to be “Stage 5 Virgin Clinger” till it rang very loudly in the dentist’s office one day, and I just couldn’t silence it fast enough (we’ve all been there, right?). Vince Vaughn and Owen Wilson play hilarious characters in this movie. Isla Fisher (Gloria) is a winner in this flick. “I’ll fiiiiiiinnnnndddd you….”
3. This Is 40 – I pee my pants every time I watch this movie… or pretty much any movie written/directed by Judd Apatow. I FEEL this movie in my soul. I’m a big Leslie Mann fan, and Paul Rudd fan.
2. Sex and the City: The Movie (the first one) — this movie just reminds me of living in NYC. I loved living there, and so do these friends. They make the most of their time in the Big Apple, for sure. Of course, I’m a huge fan of the series too. It just doesn’t get old. This is the ultimate love story… along with a little cheesiness (cleaning out Carrie’s closet, for example). Regardless, I could watch this movie over and over. And I have.
1. P.S. I Love You — this is, by far, my all time favorite movie. It is seriously under rated – most people haven’t even heard of it. Before the five minute mark, I’ve got the tissues out and I’m crying like a baby. Every.Darn.Time.
Who wouldn’t love Gerard Butler, Hilary Swank, James Marsters (nah, I didn’t know who he was either, but he’s wonderfully dreamy, trust me), Lisa Kudrow, Harry Connick Jr., Kathy Bates. I MEAN, can you ask for more?? Well, yes, you can! The cinematography is beautiful. Ireland is a gorgeous country. It makes you want to get lost on a lonely road lined with lavender, and breathe in the fresh, Irish air. On top of that, the music is awesome. The Pogues, James Blunt, Flogging Molly. ALL of it. I’m telling you, watch this movie. You won’t regret it.
It's Fall, Y'all! Let's do some Pumpkin Spice!
Maybe I’m a lemming, but I do love me some pumpkin spice… anything. I recently made these Pumpkin Spice Cupcakes with Cinnamon Cream Cheese Frosting for my step daughter’s birthday. They were a huge hit! I love to bake, when I have time, and these were easy peasy.
At least once a week, I treat myself to a PSL. Matter of fact, this morning, my friends at Starbucks treated me to a PSL! Yep, handed it to me and said, “It’s on us!” I have to say, the customer service at Starbucks is one of the main reasons I go there. Anyway, I digress. Going to Starbucks or Dunkin’ isn’t always convenient, so here is a recipe to make a Pumpkin Spice Latte at home.
I hope you enjoy these recipes! Let me know what else you’d like to see!